This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes activities that are prohibited with regard to use of the PHY.net Services.
PHY.net reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether any particular conduct constitutes a violation of this AUP.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to privacy[@]PHY.net.
- register to use the PHY.net Services under a false name or identity or use an invalid or unauthorized credit card in connection with the PHY.net Services
- engage in conduct that in any way violates or is likely to violate any law or regulation applicable to you or PHY.net, including without limitation laws relating to privacy and unsolicited commercial electronic messages, laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries, or laws regarding illegal gambling, terrorism, narcotics trafficking, arms trafficking or proliferation, in each case including any affiliation with others who sponsor or support such activities or causes
- engage in conduct intended to exploit or harm minors in any way, expose minors to inappropriate content, or seek personally identifiable information from minors
- engage in conduct that may constitute illegal or regulated gambling activity under laws or regulations applicable to you or PHY.net
- engage in any conduct that may constitute a sweepstakes under laws or regulations applicable to you or PHY.net
- engage in any conduct that impersonates any person or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person or organization
- engage in conduct that could or does restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of the PHY.net Services by others, disable, overburden, damage, or impair the PHY.net Services, or interfere with the proper working of the net Services, servers or networks connected to the PHY.net Services, or the PHY.net web site
- engage in conduct that is likely to result in retaliation (including without limitation a denial of service attack) against the PHY.net Services, the PHY.net web site, or PHY.net’s personnel
- engage in conduct that may or does harm PHY.net or users of the PHY.net Services or that may impose any criminal or civil liability on PHY.net or a user of the PHY.net Services
- gain unauthorized access to any applications, data, or services of PHY.net or to any software, computer systems, or data belonging to any third party that has access to the PHY.net Services
- collect information about other PHY.net Services users
- collect information about any person by deceit (including without limitation phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting)
- “frame” or “mirror” any portion of the PHY.net Services
- “screen scrape,” monitor, “mine,” or copy any portion of the PHY.net Services
- except as expressly authorized by PHY.net in writing, use any automatic device, process, or means to access the PHY.net Services (including without limitation robots and spiders)
- introduce any virus, Trojan horse, worm, logic bomb, or other malicious code or device.
- material that in any way violates or is likely to violate any law or regulation applicable to you or PHY.net or that promotes or fosters any illegal activity
- material that constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes, or relates in any manner to child pornography or otherwise exploits minors
- material that is sexually explicit, pornographic, obscene, or indecent
- material that is inflammatory, abusive, excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, contains harassing content or hate speech, is morally repugnant, or is otherwise offensive or objectionable
- material that creates a risk to a person’s safety or health or to public safety or health
- material that is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy
- material that infringes or misappropriates any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person
- material that is unfair or deceptive under consumer protection laws or otherwise is malicious, fraudulent, or likely to deceive any person
- material that may or does upset, embarrass, alarm, annoy, or inconvenience any person
- material that compromises national security, or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement
- except as expressly authorized by PHY.net in writing, material that contains any trademark of PHY.net or any confusingly similar trademark
- except as expressly authorized by PHY.net in writing, material that contains any endorsement by PHY.net or that suggests or may give the impression of an endorsement by PHY.net.
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate, or test the vulnerability of the PHY.net Services or PHY.net web site or otherwise attempt to breach PHY.net security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques.
Cooperation with Investigations and Legal Proceedings
You agree and authorize PHY.net to provide such information about you and access to Customer Content and End User Data as is requested by, and otherwise cooperate with, law enforcement, other government authorities, or parties to civil actions if PHY.net is required to do so by law, court order, subpoena, or other legal process. If possible without breaching any legal or regulatory requirement, however, PHY.net will give you reasonable prior notice of such requirement or request. Without notice to you, PHY.net may report to the appropriate authorities any conduct by you that PHY.net believes violates applicable law.
Changes to the AUP